Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fell off the wagon! Or at least that's what it feels like!

Sorry I haven't posted for a while!  I went to South Texas with my brother and sister to visit my parents! 

I feel as if I have fallen off of the workout/running wagon since I have been done with F.A.S.T.(winter running training).  I know that I am working out way more than I did 6 months ago, since I did nothing at all 6 months ago, but I have to get back on track.  I have a 5k in a little over a week and I am so not ready for it!  It is a fun run race, so if I have to I will walk what I need to and run what I can and enjoy it.  It is called The Jelly Bean!  Check it out at http://www.runwithjess.com/ blog!  Even if you aren't from Peoria Il, where the race is, you can join as a virtual racer! 

So, last week went like this:

Monday-1 hr Aqua Zumba and 1/2 mile pool walk(1/2 hour)
Tuesday/Wednesday-nothing(had to fit a weeks worth of work
        into 2 days!)
Thursday-36 minutes of a 45 minute bike/seated elliptical
        workout Thursday(didn't allow enough time to
        get 45 Minutes in)-Flew to Texas!
Friday-Ran with my Sister in Texas after our trip to Mexico!
        Run/walk 2.03 miles in 37:40.
        7 PM-Weather-Temp-77, 65% humidity and 23 mph wind
Saturday/Sunday-nothing(on Vacation from any form of work!
        Don't regret a minute of it!)
Monday-Ran again with my sister in Texas!  Run/Walk 3.1
        miles in 1:00:16! 
        8 AM-Weather-Temp-73, 83% humidity and 16 mph wind
Since then-nothing unless you call carrying what seemed like a
        50 lb bag thru 3 airports all day Tuesday, upper body
        strength workout!  Have to get creative sometimes!

I am not mad at myself, because I would not trade the time I was able to spend with my parents and sibling for anything.  Even running!  My brother hurt his knee playing basketball so he couldn't run with my sister and I.  I wish he could have ran with us but him and I kicked some butt at Shuffle Board!  Let me just say that if someone would have told me a year ago that I would be running 2-3 miles a few times with my sister while vacationing in Texas, I would have called them a liar!  A big fat one!  My sister is such an inspiration.  She has lost approx. 90 lbs and has become a person that has made her 5 days a week workouts(at 5AM) a priority in her life.  She ran a 5K Race for the first time the day before she turned forty!  I set a goal to run one by the time I turned 40 because she inspired me!  I have ran my first 5K race and boy did it feel good!  Thanks Sis for the continued inspiration!  I always say that I am the younger sister but she doesn't look a day over 40 and she looks healthy!  Proud to have her as my sis! 

At first I was a little upset with my pace on both run/walks in Texas.  Then I thought about the fact that it was the first time I had ran in 70+ temps, with high humidity and windy!  Good jump start into summer running and my Steamboat Building Steam training!  Plan to workout at the gym tomorrow and run on Sunday!  I also plan to write out a plan for next week to get ready for my 5K race and to get myself jump started!  I learn something new with every run!  That's what I love about running! 

I really enjoyed watching all of the over 55 people walking around the RV Resort that my parents live in!  On my Monday run there was a young gentleman of approx 90 years old walking around the park with a walker and smiling ear to ear!  They call him Mr. Fantastic because that is how he says he is doing if you ask!  He say with his ear to ear smile, "I am doing FANTASTIC!"  I hope when I am 90 or so that I am still getting around as good as him and with that ear to ear smile!  The park roads made a great safe place for us to run!


View Harlingen-San Benito-20120319-00107.jpg in slide show
Kenwood RV Resort in Le Feria Tx where my parents live in the winter!

Thanks Mom and Dad for sharing your place with us, including all the sites we got to see!


4 comments:

  1. My parents live in texas to at a retirment park, they are in Edinburg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Mr. Fantastic! I think he's got it all figured out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think he makes everyopner's day when they get to see him! :-))

      Delete
    2. Oops! I need to proof read before I hit enter! *everyone's

      Delete