Friday, March 2, 2012

Other Bloggers are the Bomb!

A few months after I started running I started to follow(stalk) a blog called RUNWITHJESS.  Jess lives in a town about 20 minutes from where I live.  After I joined The Sole Sisters www.peoriasolesisters.com/ I saw a post on facebook for her blog.  I started reading it from back to front and just loved seeing her journey unfold in reverse!  Of course after I read half of it, I thought maybe I should have started at the beginning!  Another learning lesson!  Anyway, I still follow(stalk) her blog and still love it!  She has a wealth of knowledge about running and events!  When I grow up I want to be like her someday!  Not really but she is very inspiring!  Yesterday's blog had a link listed for a virtual race!  I just automatically signed up for it before I thought much about it!  I checked my calendar and was free so I signed up.  And since I am only about 20 minutes from where the race will be held I can run with a group instead of by myself.    
At this point you might be asking yourself what a virtual race is, well in Jess's words it is
running a specified distance (timed) without being present in the actual race location.  She is also hosting a race location for local runners.  The race that she is hosting is called The Jelly Bean(2nd year).  The Virtual Race is anytime during Easter week, April 1-8, 2012 (Sunday-to-Sunday) and the Location Race is Sunday April 1st at 9AM at Connor & Co. , Pioneer Pkwy Peoria IL.  Check out the link below for all of the details and the registration form.  She did this same race last year, so check out her blog to see what a blast they had last time.http://www.runwithjess.com/  She also has cool prizes that you can have chances in winning!  So check out other running bloggers to see what keeps running new and exciting for them!  

Sign up for the race today!
http://www.runwithjess.com/p/jelly-bean-race.html 




























































2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stalking! hee, hee! So glad you'll be able to run the Jelly Bean & thanks for spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! No prob! Can't wait to run it!

      Delete