Sunday, January 11, 2015

5K in 3 weeks, Really, what was I thinking...?



I found a 3 week training program for a 5K!  I have no desire to kill this race!  I just want to finish it and have fun!

I ran it in 49:56 in 2013 and 48:26 in 2014.  I hope to finish in 53 minutes this year.  Based on my not running lately, weight gain and just not pushing myself too hard I would be ok with that finish time.

The training plan I will be doing:

Week 1:
     Monday: Rest day
     Tuesday:15 minute jog. Quick steps, shoulders relaxed.
     Wednesday: Rest day
     Thursday: 15 minute jog. Quick steps, shoulders relaxed.
     Friday: 30 minute cross training
     Saturday: 20 minute run. Not fast, not slow.
     Sunday: Easy 10 minute jog.

Week 2:
     Monday: Rest day, including stretching.
     Tuesday: 1.5 mile jog, easy effort.
     Wednesday: Cross train 30 minutes.
     Thursday: 1.5 mile jog, easy effort.
     Friday: Cross train 45 minutes.
     Saturday: 2.5 mile run, steady effort.
     Sunday: Easy 10 minute jog.

Week 3:
     Monday: Rest day, including stretching.
     Tuesday: Cross train 30 minutes.
     Wednesday: 2 mile run. Steady effort.
     Thursday: 1 mile run. Steady effort.
     Friday: Rest day.
     Saturday: Light cross train 15-20 minutes.
     Sunday: RACE DAY

The second week I will be out of town from Thursday afternoon until Sunday evening.  The run should work out for Saturday and Sunday but will have to work hard to fit the Thursday and Friday workouts in!  I will do it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment